Before attempting to Auto Schedule, you must first add your resource availability (Search for "How to Setup Resource Availability") and add a schedule (Search for "How to Add a Regular Season Schedule").
The best way to prepare for auto-scheduling your season is validating that you have enough minutes of resource availability for the amount and duration of your games.
For example: If you have 600 minutes of availability, you can schedule ten 60-minute games (this includes the time between games.)
To Auto Schedule Games:
- Go to Schedules & Games > Manage Schedules.
- Select Edit in the Actions column of the respective schedule.
- Click the drop down menu for Auto-Scheduling Tools > Generate Games/Matchups.
- Fill in the number of Games Per Team.
- Click Preview Games.
- If satisfied, click Create These Games.
- Click the drop down menu for Auto-Scheduling Tools > Auto-Schedule Games.
- Enter the Game Duration in minutes.
- Enter the Time Between Games in minutes.
- Select Yes or No for Use Home Team Resource?
- (Optional) Select Max Games Per Day.
- (Optional) Select Max Games Per Week.
- (Optional) Select Min Days Between Games.
- (Optional) To override the schedule property values for specific divisions, click +Schedule Settings By Division and set desired properties.
- Once complete, click Preview Schedule.
- If you are unsatisfied with the results, reselect the fields above, then click Preview Schedule once again. Repeat until desired results are achieved.
- Once satisfied, click Schedule These Games.
If you receive a schedule warning it means there is currently not enough, or no availability set for this schedule to be created successfully. If you chose to Continue Anyway, any leftover games will be created as pairings only and not scheduled.