A Participation Code is the text required to complete registration. It is an optional rule. If you do choose to use one, you must assign it to a program. Once it is assigned, it will act as a password for registrant's before they join the designated program.
How to Create a Participation Code:
- Go to Setup > Registration Settings > Registration Rules.
- Choose Participation Code from the Create Rule drop-down menu - located on the bottom, right-hand corner of the screen.
- Enter the Code that you want to require.
- Choose a Rule Name.
- If you have more than one Participation Code, we recommend customizing the default name.
- Under Rule Blocking Behavior, make sure the drop-down menu says, Blocks Registration.
- (Optional) Enter Optional Custom Instructions - if you choose to do so, this will replace the default instructions.
- This information will show up when the system asks a registrant for the code.
- Once complete, click Save.
How to Assign a Participation Code to a Program:
- Go to Registrations > Manage Programs.
- Click your Program Name.
- Select Registration Rules.
- In the drop-down menu labeled, Choose a Rule To Assign, select Participation Code.
- In the corresponding checkboxes, select the roles that you would like the rule to apply to.
- Once complete, click Save Changes.