The Program/Session/Division structure simply outlines the athletic-level hierarchy.
- Program is the same as Sport.
- Session is parallel to Season.
- Division is akin to Age Group.
What is a Program?
- A program is a sport that your organization offers (e.g. Travel Soccer, or Baseball).
- A program houses a group of sessions having the same registrar, consent forms, and post-purchase notice.
- A program is created once, and you add Sessions to it each year.
- Program settings apply to all Sessions/Divisions created under it.
What is a Session?
- A session is a specific season (e.g. Fall 2016 Travel Soccer, or Spring 2017 Baseball).
- Sessions contain the cost for registrants, and the ability to set up a payment plan.
- You control the Registration Begins/Ends and Play Begins/Ends dates at the session level.
- Session settings apply to the Divisions created under it.
What is a Division?
- A division is the bottom-level category that refers to the age group (e.g. Under 8, Under 10).
- Additionally, division can indicate skill levels, genders, or any other way you find is useful to categorize your registrants.
- The registrant will choose their division after choosing their session. For divisions that are age, grade, or gender-based, the correct division will be automatically chosen based upon the registrant's information.
- Divisions can override the session price, allowing you to charge or be charged less/more.